The Parks & Community Services Board advises the City Council on parks and open space issues such as:
- Park planning, design and construction
- Development, redevelopment, and renovation
- Enterprise management
- Natural resources, land stewardship and environmental education.
The Board also advises the City Council on policies regarding community services issues such as:
- Recreation opportunities for a wide range of interests, ages and abilities.
- Community centers.
- Parks & Community Services Department-related special events.
Comprised of seven Bellevue residents, appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. Terms are four years each and expire on May 31 of the last year of the term. No one may serve more than two consecutive terms.
- David Hamilton*, Chair - term ends 5/31/24
- Pamela Unger, Vice-Chair - term ends 5/31/24
- Paul Clark - term ends 5/31/22
- Cassidy Giampetro - term ends 5/31/25
- Debra Kumar* - term ends 5/31/22
- Eric Synn* - term ends 5/31/23
- Heather Trescases* - term ends 5/31/25
- City Council Liaison to the Board - Councilmember Janice Zahn
* Denotes board member serving second term.
Unless otherwise noted on the agenda, the Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month, 6 p.m., City Hall, Council Conference Room (1E-113). The meeting site is wheelchair accessible. American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation is available upon request. Please call 48 hours in advance: 425-452-5262 (TDD) or 425-452-4162 (Voice).
Contacting the Board
You are welcome to communicate with the Parks & Community Services Board at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that your email is a public record and may be published in the monthly board meeting agenda packet. You may also attend any board meeting to speak during the Oral Communications section of the meeting. Instructions for doing so are provided on the monthly meeting agenda.