Brad Miyake, City Manager
Brad has played key roles in developing Bellevue's budget process, obtaining the Utilities Department's first professional accreditation and spearheading efforts to improve city management processes.
- Experience: City Manager (2013-Present); Deputy City Manager (2006-2013); Utilities Director (2003-2005); Utilities Deputy Director (1998-2003); Budget Manager (1990-1998).
- Education: International City Management Association; Washington County/City Manager Association; Bachelor of arts, University of Washington.
Nathan McCommon, Deputy City Manager
Nathan brings to Bellevue a strong background in city management education and experience, regional collaboration and partnership, along with significant operations expertise. In fact, prior to completing graduate studies, he served as a traffic signal technician, parks maintenance worker and even garbage collector.
- Experience: Deputy City Manager (2016-Present); City Manager, Tonganoxie, Kansas (2012-2016); Senior Management Analyst, Kansas City, Missouri (2011-2012); Convention and Entertainment Facilities Business Manager, Kansas City, Missouri (2006-2011).
- Education: Master's degree in Public Administration; Bachelor's degree in Spanish literature, both from the University of Kansas.
Diane Carlson, Deputy City Manager
In addition to having considerable experience in public administration and government relations, both with King County and in an earlier stint with the City of Bellevue, Diane is a long-time Bellevue resident.
- Experience: Deputy City Manager (2022-Present); Capital Division Director, King County Metro (2018-2022); Director of Regional Initiatives, King County (2011-2018); Director of Intergovernmental Relations, City of Bellevue (2000-2011).
Mike Brennan, Deputy City Manager
Over 30 years with the city, Mike has ensured that Bellevue is a great place to work with through the development process. He has been director of the Development Services Department since it split from Planning and Community Development in 2008.
- Experience: Development Services Director (2008-Present); Deputy Planning and Community Development Director (1995-2008); Building Official (1987-1995);
- Education: Master's degree in Public Administration, University of Washington; Bachelor of science (construction management), University of Washington.
Genesee Adkins, Chief of External Affairs
Genesee aligns our intergovernmental relations and communications. For two decades, she has built effective coalitions across all levels of government, including local, county, regional and federal, finding strategic solutions to a variety of policy and funding challenges.
- Experience: Chief of External Affairs (2022-Present); Senior Planning Director, WSP USA (2021-2022); Director of Infrastructure Initiatives and External Affairs, HDR (2019-2021); Chief of Staff, City of Seattle Transportation Department (2016-2019); Director of State Relations, University of Washington (2014-2016).
- Education: Bachelor of Arts (economics and political science), University of Rochester.
Bianca Siegl, Assistant Director
Bianca focuses on coordination and implementation of interdepartmental efforts, including homelessness outreach and regional response and City Council priorities. She brings a strong background in policy and program development, as well as community engagement.
- Experience: Deputy Director, Advance Planning, Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning (2019-2021); Senior Planner/Manager, Long Range and Mobility Planning Division, City of West Hollywood, California (2007-2021);
- Education: Master's degree in Architecture, University of California Los Angeles; Bachelor of arts, (Growth and Structure of Cities), Bryn Mawr College.
Linda Whitehead, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
Linda leads the city's efforts to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion for the people the city serves, as well as city staff. Linda also serves as the city’s LGBTQ+ liaison to the City Manager.
- Experience: Senior Consultant, Education Innovation Partners (2011-2021);
- Education: Doctor of education, Seattle University; Master of arts, (Educational Leadership and Administration), Rutgers University.