Brad Miyake, City Manager
Brad has played key roles in developing Bellevue's budget process, obtaining the Utilities Department's first professional accreditation and spearheading efforts to improve city management processes.
- Experience: City Manager (May 2013-Present); Deputy City Manager (2006-2013); Utilities Director (2003-2005); Utilities Deputy Director (1998-2003); Budget Manager (1990-1998)
- Education: International City Management Association; Washington County/City Manager Association; Bachelor of arts, University of Washington.
Mary Kate Berens, Deputy City Manager
Kate’s work has focused on the city’s relationship with Sound Transit during the planning and construction of East Link light rail and property acquisition issues arising from major city transportation projects. She is LGBTQ liaison for the city.
- Experience: Special Assistant City Manager (May 2013-August 2014); Deputy City Attorney (2006-2013); Planning & Community Development Legal Planner (2001-2005);
- Education: Law degree, University of Michigan; Bachelor of science (forestry), University of Washington.
Nathan McCommon, Deputy City Manager
Nathan brings to Bellevue a strong background in city management education and experience, regional collaboration and partnership, along with significant operations expertise. In fact, prior to completing graduate studies, he served as a traffic signal technician, parks maintenance worker and even garbage collector.
- Experience: City Manager, Tonganoxie, Kansas (2012-2016); Senior Management Analyst, Kansas City, Missouri (2011-2012); Convention and Entertainment Facilities Business Manager, Kansas City, Missouri. (2006-2011);
- Education: Master's degree in Public Administration; Bachelor's degree in Spanish literature, both from the University of Kansas.
Brad Harwood, Chief Communications Officer
Appointed in May 2019, Brad leads overall communications for the city, including external and internal communications, as well as public outreach efforts for the organization.
- Experience: Acting Chief Communications officer (2018-2019), Deputy Communications Officer, City of Bellevue (2015-2018)
- Education: JD degree, Gonzaga University School of Law; Bachelor of arts, University of Washington.