Over more than a year, the COVID-19 outbreak has forced temporary closure and/or changes of operations for local schools and businesses, triggering demand for community resources. Links to local and regional resources collected by the city's Human Services team are presented here. Call our COVID-19 Resource Navigators at 425-452-2800 if you need help finding help.
If you are looking to help those in need, see the Volunteer tab below or see Human services agencies funded by the city. You may also use the Donations tab below to offer monetary assistance to the City of Bellevue to support the city’s response to COVID-19.
- Seattle Foundation - COVID-19 Response Fund for nonprofits
- All In Seattle - COVID-19 Response Fund for nonprofits
- Bellevue Chamber of Commerce - Support for nonprofit organizations.
- Backpack Meals for Kids - Requesting rice, beans, cup of noodles, and mac and cheese. For more information: go to website or call Jan Starr at 425-221-8544.
- King County Regional Donation Connector - Connects community-based organizations in need with people and organizations who can help.
East King County Community Fund - Support East King County’s long-term, local effort to address the greatest and most urgent needs of the community, including vulnerable workers and families impacted by COVID-19.
Monetary donations to the City of Bellevue toward the city’s coronavirus response can be made using the methods below. City expenses related to COVID-19 response efforts are varied, but may include the purchase of additional personal protective equipment for emergency responders, increased coordination and support of local and regional human services agencies, and enhanced communication and outreach efforts to share critical information and support public health guidelines.
- By check, made payable to the City of Bellevue, including in the memo the phrase “COVID-19 donation” and mailed to:
City of Bellevue
c/o Service First
450 110th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
- By credit card, through calling 425-452-6800 and referencing that your donation be directed to the city’s COVID-19 response.
- The Bellevue Police Foundation is also accepting support for police and fire services.
Rent and Mortgage Help
The Bellevue Conflict Resolution Center, through its Eviction Resolution program, helps landlords and tenants negotiate rent repayment plans
Residential Rental and Mortgage Relief
Through the Residential Rental and Mortgage Relief program, several organizations provide rental, mortgage and move-in assistance to low- and moderate-income residents impacted by the pandemic.
Other Emergency Rental Help
The following agencies provide emergency rental assistance/eviction prevention and other emergency financial assistance help:
- Bellevue LifeSpring (families in Bellevue with children under 18 in the household): email@example.com
- Catholic Community Services: 425-213-1963, option 2, intakes on Wednesday, 2–4 p.m.
- Bellevue Hopelink: 425-943-7555
- LifeWire (domestic violence victims): 425-746-1940
- Solid Ground: 211
- United Way of King County: To access rental assistance fund, fill out the online application or call 2-1-1.
- King County - Eviction prevention and rental assistance
- India Association of Western Washington (IAWW): 253-234-9989
- Attain Housing - Rental assistance for families on the Eastside with children under 18 in the household. Call 425-828-0489 or go to Attain Housing.
- Chinese Information and Service Center (CISC): support for immigrant communities during COVID-19. 中文網站
The Utilities Department is suspending water shut-offs for non-payment through Dec. 31, 2021. We will work with customers to set up payment plans or provide access to financial help under our Emergency Assistance Program. Contact Utilities (425-452-6973 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up deferred payment plans. Information about the Emergency Assistance Program is available at Utility Rate and Tax Relief.
Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Energy will not disconnect customers during this time, and is waiving late fees. PSE will work with customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date. PSE offers help with bills.