The Bellevue Clean Buildings Incentive Program is designed to help large buildings in Bellevue reduce energy use, leverage financial incentives for energy-efficiency projects and comply early with the WA State Clean Buildings standard. The new state standard requires commercial buildings over 50,000 square feet to meet specified energy efficiency targets starting in 2026 and provides incentives through the Early Adopter Incentive program for buildings to comply early and implement energy efficiency projects.
The City of Bellevue & MacDonald-Miller invite you to attend a webinar on Thursday October 27th at 1pm on Bellevue’s Clean Buildings Incentive Program.
This program will support buildings in Bellevue in reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions with complementary energy benchmarking support and building scoping assessments, putting buildings on the path toward compliance with Clean Buildings standards and leveraging Early Adopter Incentive funds. Bellevue is working with MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, a local engineering firm with deep experience in building energy efficiency in the region.
Participants in the Bellevue Clean Buildings Incentive Program will receive the following services:
- Energy Star Portfolio Manager qualified technical support for energy efficiency benchmarking required for compliance
- Building scoping assessment to identify energy saving opportunities
- Early Adopter Incentive application support for buildings 15 or more points from their energy target
- Access to training focused on energy benchmarking, operation and maintenance best practices, and energy management planning
- Support for submitting early compliance documentation via the state’s Clean Buildings portal
- Access to Clean Buildings compliance help desk and “how to” videos
- Puget Sound Energy incentive acquisition support
- Recognition as a Bellevue Clean Building ambassador
Sign-up for the program at our partner, MacDonald-Miler's website by completing a short form and an energy specialist will follow up with you.
Buildings over 50,000 square feet in Bellevue are eligible to participate in the city program. Buildings required to comply with the state Clean Buildings standard should have received a letter from the state Department of Commerce with information on how to comply. Multifamily residential buildings are not required to comply with the state law, but are eligible to apply for the Early Adopter Incentives if they meet specified energy-efficiency eligibility requirements.
The Clean Buildings Expansion bill, passed in 2022, extends the law to commercial buildings 20,000 square feet and higher and multi-family buildings over 50,000 square feet, with later compliance dates. The rulemaking for these "Tier 2" buildings will be complete by December 2023.
Program Overview Recorded Webinar: Watch Anytime
Hear from City of Bellevue and MacDonald-Miller staff on why you should participate in the program and what services are offered, by watching the program webinar from January 11th.