The Civil Service Commission works to ensure that recruitment, selection and placement of uniformed firefighters and police personnel below the level of chief are made in a fair and unbiased process. The commission also investigates in public hearings the suspension, demotion and/or discharge of a member of the civil service at the member's request, to determine whether such action was made in good faith for cause and/or for political or religious reasons.
Additional information is contained in the City's Civil Service Rules.
The commission is composed of five members appointed by the city manager. The term for all positions on the commission is six years, and expires on May 31 of the last year of the term. A member must be a Bellevue resident during the appointment, and may be appointed to a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Chair, Patricia Sheffels (Term #1 ends 5/31/29)
- Vice-Chair, Linda Parrish (Term #1 ends 5/31/29)
- Member, Jeff Jorgenson (Term #1 ends 5/31/29)
- Member, Anne Noris (Term #1 ends 5/31/29)
- Member, Dan Crowner (Term #1 ends 5/31/27)
- Asst. Secretary Chief Examiner, Joy St. Germain - Human Resources
- Legal Advisor, Chad Barnes - City Attorney's Office
Regular meetings are held quarterly on the second Tuesday in January, April, July, and October from 4-5 p.m. at City Hall Conference Room 1E-109. Additionally, the commission may add special meetings as requested.