The Bellevue Youth Theatre is an inclusive recreational program for ages 5-19, with the focus on teen participants. Persons with disabilities, families and older adults are encouraged to participate. The emphasis of the theatre is to build self-esteem, teamwork and confidence in youth while performing in a supportive environment. Children 11 and younger, and first-time participants, may have limited roles. For more information, please call 425-452-7155. Registration is open to one show per participant. You may not register to be in more than one show.
Please note: Casting for our spring plays has been completed.
- Ages: 7-12
- Registration dates:
- Bellevue residents: April 4, 2022
- Non-residents: April 11, 2022
- Extended care available: 8 a.m.-9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Single days not available. Min 2/Max 10
Rhymes and Limericks
Explore the great poets from William Shakespeare to Shel Silverstein. Campers will learn about different styles of poetry and write their very own poems to perform at the end of the week.
The Princess and the Pea
An insomniac princess to be and an introverted Royal are searching for partners to win "Save the Realm Contest". The Queen has other plans for the princess. Enjoy a new interpretation of this age old tale.
Spoon for Every Bite
Seven Super Siblings
Unbreakable bones, super hearing, ultimate strength! Based on a Chinese folktale, this is the story of how seven super powered siblings use their talents to outsmart the Emperor and save the town.
GREAT Camp: The Emperor’s New Clothes (Ages: 11 - 13)
Do clothes make the Royal or do Royals make the clothes? Enjoy this upbeat story of a fast fashion obsessed Royal on their journey for respect. The Royal will humbly learn that sometimes, less is more! No experience necessary. Bring a sack lunch.
- Fees: $155 (R)/$181 (NR)
- Dates/Times: August 22-26, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Performance: Aug. 26th 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Min 8/Max 15
- Register for camp
- No extended care provided
Fees for our mainstage plays:
Residents - Free
Non-residents - $150
Refunds (for non-Bellevue residents):
- If you withdraw seven calendar days prior to the start of class (first meeting), you will receive a $140 refund.
- If you withdraw one to six days prior to the start of class (first meeting), your refund will be $75.
- If you withdraw on or after the first class (first meeting), you will not receive a refund.
- NOTE: The withdrawal must be processed. Voicemail and email requests do not constitute "being processed." You must speak to someone live to consider you or your child withdrawn. If you are calling on the weekend, you may call Bellevue Parks & Community Services' main line at 425-452-6885 and press 1 to be transferred to someone live.
- In addition, you will not be refunded if you don't like your part or feel you don't have enough lines.