- Contact home repair loan specialist Donna Adair (see contact at right or bottom of this page) to determine if you qualify.
- If it appears you qualify, city staff will send to you an application packet. Or, print out the application, complete it and mail it to:
Home Repair Program
City of Bellevue
PO Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
Please do not email the application; it contains confidential financial information.
If you are eligible:
- City staff will call you to arrange a site visit to determine the extent of the repairs and prepare a cost estimate.
- Then you choose a contractor from the list provided by King County.
- King County Housing Authority and Bellevue Home Repair Program staff will oversee the repair process.
- The contractors will then bill King County for the repairs, which will be paid by the city after the work is completed.
- The cost of the repairs is then recorded as a lien against your property.
No interest is charged on the loans. You do not have monthly payments. You only must pay for: credit reports, recording, title and a lead-based paint test (for homes built prior to 1978), all fees that are added to the amount of the loans that you pay back to the city when you sell or transfer your home.
This program is made possible by funds allocated to the city through a block grant from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development.