1) Contact Donna Adair, Home Repair Loan Specialist with the City of Bellevue's Home Repair Program, by e-mail or by phone at 425-452-4069 (TDD: 425-452-5262).2) If it appears you qualify, city staff will send to you an application packet. Or, print out the application, complete it and mail it to:
Home Repair Program
Parks & Community Services
PO Box 90012
Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
Please do not e-mail this application since it will contain your confidential financial information.
If you are eligible:
- City staff will call you to arrange a site visit to determine the extent of the repairs and prepare a cost estimate.
- Then you choose a contractor from the list provided by King County.
- King County Housing Authority and Bellevue Home Repair Program staff will oversee the repair process.
- The contractors will then bill King County for the repairs, which will be paid by the city after the work is completed.
- The cost of the repairs is then recorded as a lien against your property.
No interest is charged on the loans. You do not have monthly payments. The only fees you will pay are credit reports, recording fees and title fees, which are added to the amount of the repairs that you pay back to the city when you sell or transfer your home.
This program is made possible by funds allocated to the City of Bellevue through the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
For more information, contact the Home Repair Loan Specialist, Donna Adair.