The City of Bellevue assesses transportation impact fees, in general, on
building permits and some conditional use permits.
Developers pay impact fees on new developments to help mitigate traffic impacts and to provide part of the funding for the city’s transportation infrastructure.
Both the Bellevue City Code (22.16) and the state Growth Management Act authorize these fees.
Bellevue’s transportation impact fees vary for different types of land uses. Residential fees and commercial fees, for example, are not the same because of the differences in the amount of traffic generated.
On November 21, 2022 the City Council passed Ordinance 6688, adopting a new Transportation Impact Fee Rate Schedule. These new fees go into effect on January 1, 2023.
- Transportation Impact Fee Rates and Trip Rates (effective Jan. 1, 2022. If you do not see your land use reflected in the table, please consult your transportation review engineer)
- Transportation Impact Fee Rates and Trip Rates (effective Jan. 1, 2023)
- Transportation Impact Fee Projects Map (2019-2030)
- Transportation Impact Fee Projects Map (2022-2033)
- Transportation Impact Fee Program Report (2019 update)
- Transportation Impact Fee Program Report (2022 update)