Improvements to this section of 124th Avenue Northeast, from Ichigo Way (formerly Northeast 18th Street) to Northup Way, will include raising the roadway and widening it to five lanes. Other upgrades: a multi-purpose pathway on the west side of 124th, between NE 16th Street and Ichigo Way only, and sidewalks on both sides of the roadway, separated from the street by landscape planters (full project description and budget information).
The 124th Avenue Northeast project will enhance access and circulation for cars, transit, freight, pedestrians and bicycles between Downtown Bellevue, Wilburton, and the BelRed area. It will accommodate future growth and new land uses in the area. and ensure coordinated design, implementation and appropriate cost sharing with the East Link light rail project.
- 2023-2024: Construction timeline
- 2017: Funding finalized through a Federal Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan from the U.S. Department of Transportation
Total project budget of $33.1 million is partially funded by a Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan. Approved 2021-2027 Capital Investment Program Budget Sheet.
- Electrical tower replacement/monopole installation construction alert (Sept. 2020)
- Roadway cross section diagram
- Urban design elements diagram