Utilities is preparing to launch a new version of our online bill pay platform, MyUtilityBill.
The new system will offer improved features and ease in paying bills. Customers will use the same website address to access MyUtilityBill, but will need to re-register accounts to process payments.
We anticipate this upgrade will be effective in early fall. More information on what to expect and how to register on the new site is coming soon.
The City of Bellevue bills every other month for drinking water, wastewater (sewer) and storm and surface water. If you have questions about your Utilities bill, please call 425-452-6973.
For garbage/recycling/food and yard issues and billing, please contact Republic Services, the city's contractor, at 425-452-4762 (residential) or 425-646-2492 (commercial).
Call 425-452-6979 any time day or night to make a payment. Have your account number and MasterCard or Visa card ready. You can also access your billing and payment history.
Utilities Billing is experiencing intermittent outages with phone service. If you have trouble connecting with us by phone, please email MyUtilityBill@bellevuewa.gov. A representative will get in touch with you as soon as possible, within 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
- MyUtilityBill - Pay your bill online and view billing and consumption history and rate information. You will need customer and account numbers and Visa or MasterCard. To save paper, sign up for e-bills. Please note: the system is currently not compatible with the Firefox browser.
- Quick Pay - Pay your bill online without having to register for MyUtilityBill. You will need customer and account numbers and Visa or MasterCard.
Automatically through your checking account
To set up auto pay, call customer service at 425-452-6973.
Please put your account number on the check, include payment stub in return envelope and address to:
Bellevue City Treasurer
PO Box 35139
Seattle, WA 98124-5139
In person (not available during the pandemic)
- City Hall, Service First, 450 110th Ave. NE, first floor (Visa and Mastercard accepted) or
- Crossroads Mini City Hall, 15600 NE 8th St., #H-9, inside shopping center (check, money order, Visa and Mastercard accepted). Drop Box located outside storefront window on your right.
- Drop Box. Drive into City Hall Campus from 112th Ave NE. Continue right, around loop; drop box is on your left at the end of the drive. Enter City Hall visitors lot- Utility drop box is to the left of the entrance mounted on a concrete pole.
Online Bank Payments/Bill Payer Payments
If you pay your bill using your financial institution's online service or another online payment provider, you must select “Bellevue, City of” as the payee and enter all 16 digits from your bill into the account field, in format XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX (customer number – account number). This will ensure quick crediting of your payment. In some instances your financial institution may send us a payment by mail. In these instances a delay of five to seven days may occur in the processing of your payment.
COVID-19 Utility Bill Support
We know COVID-19 has brought financial impact to some of our customers. Utilities will work with customers having difficulty paying their utility bill to set up payment plans or access available emergency financial assistance. During this time, customers will not be assessed additional fees or charges for past-due payments. (For accounting purposes, late payment fees will be recorded, then removed from your bill). Water shut-offs for non-payment continue to be suspended.
To request a payment plan for your water, sewer and drainage bill, contact 425-452-6973 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTILITIES EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Customers facing job or income loss who do not qualify for Rate Relief programs may be eligible for the Emergency Assistance Program. This can cover up to four months of basic water, sewer and drainage service charges for customers who meet the program’s low-income qualifications for the past 30 days and do not receive other Utilities financial assistance.
To learn more about the Emergency Assistance Program, please contact 425-452-5285 or email UtilityRelief@bellevuewa.gov.
BUSINESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
The City's Office of Economic Development has provided a list of resources available for local businesses and nonprofits.