Bellevue procures products and services necessary for the city's operation. The city offers bid opportunities and requests for proposals or qualifications.
Bid Opportunities - For public works and large materials, supplies and equipment procurements, the city will issue an invitation to bid - a formal sealed bid process that typically results in a public bid opening.
Requests for Proposals - A Request for Proposals (RFP) is a method of soliciting competitive proposals for a defined scope of work. An RFP considers and evaluates factors to measure qualification, delivery and service reputation as well as price.
Requests for Qualifications - A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is a method of soliciting competitive proposals that formally considers and evaluates factors to measure firms on the basis of demonstrated competency and qualification rather than price.
Bid solicitation, RFP and RFQs are listed on Public Purchase's solicitation board:
Companies interested in doing business with the city are invited to register with the Public Purchase System.
Shared Procurement Portal - Bellevue and other Washington cities use the Shared Procurement Portal to solicit for suppliers, contractors and consultants.
Public Purchase system - Companies interested in doing business with the City of Bellevue are invited to register on the appropriate roster(s) through the system.
Title VI Language
- Equal Opportunity Requirements
- Standard Insurance Requirements
- Invasive Species Management Protocols
- New Zealand Mud Snail Protocols Cheat Sheet
- Guidelines for Reimbursable Expenses for Consultants
- Prevailing Wages Combined Intent and Affidavit Form
- Prevailing Wages Contractor Process Guidelines
- Labor & Industries Prevailing Wages Rates
Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Materials, Supply or Equipment
- Public Works (no competition)
- Public Works (with competition)
- General Services
- Professional Services
- Purchase of IT Hardware
- Purchase of IT Software