This permit may be issued for use of the right of way for franchise utility work and those operating under an existing Right of Way Use Agreement. (TJ)
CALL (1-800-424-5555) 48 hours before you dig. “It’s the law.” RCW 19.122
Apply for this permit online at MyBuildingPermit. When entering your Application Information, choose the following:
- Application type: Right-of-Way
- Project type: Franchise Utility
- Activity type: Franchise Utility Work
- Scope of work: Disturbance of Surface or No Disturbance of Surface or Temporary Traffic Control Only
Reference the Franchise Utility Submittal Requirements document for complete information on what is required for issuance of this permit. Links to document resources are found below.
The documents listed below are the minimum necessary to proceed with the application process. If you believe that a required submittal document does not apply to your project, please upload the Document Waiver Form in place of the required document.
- Bill-to Form
- Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (CSWPPP)
- for projects with less than 7,000 square feet of clearing and less than 100 yards of grading, a CSWPPP Short Form for Small Construction Projects may be submitted.
- Site Plan
- Refer to the Franchise Utility Submittal Requirements.
- Must include the desired start date, target completion date and duration for each phase of construction.
- Traffic Control Plan
- Clearing and Grading Permit
These items may be required during plan review, as determined by the scope of your project.
- Letter of Authorization
- Olympic Pipeline Notification
- Seattle Public Utilities Approval