• Home Occupation Permit

    Business conducted in a dwelling by a resident of that dwelling; the business must be largely incidental to use of the premises as a dwelling.

    In a nonresidential land use district, a home occupation permit (LH) must be obtained or all commercial development standards must be met.

    Exemption: A business which has no external indication of commercial activity—including no nonresident employees, no client visits, no business-related deliveries and no vehicle signage—is exempt from a Home Occupation Permit but will require a City of Bellevue Business Registration. See Land Use Code 20.30N. 

    Apply for this permit online at MyBuildingPermit. When entering your Application Information, choose the following:

    1. Application type: Land Use
    2. Project type: Single Family Residential
    3. Activity type: Use Approval
    4. Scope of work: Home Occupation

    Required Documents

    The documents listed below are the minimum necessary to proceed with the application process. If you believe that a required submittal document does not apply to your project, please upload the Document Waiver Form in place of the required document.

    For assistance with electronic plan submittals, refer to Requirements for Electronic Plans

    Fees and Timelines