The Youth Link Board consists of 12 youth and 6 adults from the Bellevue community that serve as an advisory board to the City Manager. They advocate to make system level change on issues that directly impact youth. Each member serves a two-year term. The board meets every second and fourth Wednesday of every month.
Youth Link Board is currently accepting applications for youth and adult members for the 2022-2024 term. The City of Bellevue values diversity and encourages anyone interested to apply. People interested in serving on the board may apply directly online using the below links. Applications are due on August 5 at 5 p.m.. For additional information about the Bellevue Youth Link Board or the Youth Link program, please contact Patrick Alina, Youth Link Program Coordinator at 425-452-5254 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Youth Link Board was formed in 1991 by the City Council. Its purpose is to promote diversity, unity and equity for high school youth in Bellevue, representing the youth voice to leadership in our community. Bellevue Youth Link Board is a catalyst for responding to the interests and concerns of young people by engaging the entire community. The Youth Link Board envisions Bellevue as a city where all young people are involved, valued, respected and listened to; where all youth feel safe and are safe; and where they can have fun. Ultimately, the impact of the Youth Link Board is to enhance the quality of life for all members of the community.
The Youth Link Board consists of 6 to 12 high school youth members (up to age 21), and up to 6 adult members. All Board members are appointed by the City Manager, with two ex-officio positions representing the Bellevue City Council and the Bellevue School District Board. Members serve two-year terms, September through August, with the possibility of one re-appointment.
Youth Members & Terms
- Richard Li, Co-Chair, 2023
- Neo Hou, International, 2023
- Irfan Madhani, Sammamish, 2023
- Melisa Shafiee, Bellevue High, 2023
- Mia Trenbeath, Overlake School, 2023
- Daniel Domingos, Interlake, 2024
- Mehr Grewal, Interlake, 2024
- Sophia Sekits, Newport, 2024
- Neha Mukhara, International, 2024
- Alexandra Tay, Lakeside School, 2024
- Vishnu Mangipudi, Lakeside School, 2024
Adult Members & Terms
- Devika Vyas, Adult Co-Chair, 2022
- Mukthi Khan, 2023
- Jabes Otieno, 2024
- Max Navas, 2024
- Ted Andrews, 2024
- Christina Kirkpatrick, 2024
- Councilmember Jeremy Barksdale, City Council
- Sima Sarrafan, Bellevue School District School Board President
Eastside Pathways Youth Liaisons:
- Priyanka Mukhara
- Natalie Sarabosing
Parks & Community Services Department
- Michael Shiosaki, Director
- Patrick Alina, Program Coordinator
- Angela Phan, Youth Link Program Recreation Technician
The board meets the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month, 6-8 p.m., at different locations throughout Bellevue (includes community centers and high schools). 2022-2023 Youth Link Board schedule
The Youth Link Board does not meet in July or August.