Utility Bill Information
We heard your request for a faster, easier, more convenient way to pay your utility bill. With the upgraded MyUtilityBill system, you will still have the tools to pay your bill online or by phone. You can also expect:
- Improved user interface
- Payments accepted using debit, credit or ACH/eCheck, plus new auto pay with credit card
- Compatibility with all major web browsers
Customers will access the site through the same URL—MyUtilityBill.bellevuewa.gov—but will need to re-register accounts to process payments using their customer and account numbers.
We anticipate this upgrade will be effective later this year. We will provide more information on how to register and use the site ahead of the launch and on the MyUtilityBill site.
The City of Bellevue bills every other month for drinking water, wastewater (sewer) and storm and surface water. If you have questions about your Utilities bill, please call 425-452-6973.
For garbage/recycling/food and yard issues and billing, please contact Republic Services, the city's contractor, at 425-452-4762 (residential) or 425-646-2492 (commercial).
As of Sept. 30, 2021, the Governor’s moratorium on water shut-offs for nonpayment has ended. However, Utilities will continue to suspend water shut-offs and late fees through the end of the year to allow customers additional time to pay balances and/or set up payment plans.
Some customer may qualify for help under the Utilities Emergency Assistance Program. This program can provide one-time support of up to 4 months of basic utility service costs for qualified low-income customers who have faced a financial shock, such as a job or income loss caused by COVID.
To request a payment plan for your water, sewer and drainage bill, contact 425-452-6973 or email@example.com.
Information about the Emergency Assistance Program is available on the Utility Rate Relief page.
BUSINESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
The City's Office of Economic Development has provided a list of resources available for local businesses and nonprofits.
Call 425-452-6979 any time day or night to make a payment. Have your account number and MasterCard or Visa card ready. You can also access your billing and payment history.
Utilities Billing is experiencing intermittent outages with phone service. If you have trouble connecting with us by phone, please email MyUtilityBill@bellevuewa.gov. A representative will get in touch with you as soon as possible, within 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
- MyUtilityBill - Pay your bill online and view billing and consumption history and rate information. You will need customer and account numbers and Visa or MasterCard. To save paper, sign up for e-bills. Please note: the system is currently not compatible with the Firefox browser.
- Quick Pay - Pay your bill online without having to register for MyUtilityBill. You will need customer and account numbers and Visa or MasterCard.
Automatically through your checking account
To set up auto pay, call customer service at 425-452-6973.
Please put your account number on the check, include payment stub in return envelope and address to:
Bellevue City Treasurer
PO Box 35139
Seattle, WA 98124-5139
*During the pandemic, in-person services are available in limited capacity. Utilities is currently offering in-person bill-pay and Utility Relief program support at City Hall, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and noon.
All other services will continue to be provided via phone, email or appointment. We will update information about in-person service as availability changes.
- City Hall, Service First, 450 110th Ave. NE, first floor (Visa and Mastercard accepted) or
- Crossroads Mini City Hall, 15600 NE 8th St., #H-9, inside shopping center (check, money order, Visa and Mastercard accepted). Drop Box located outside storefront window on your right.
- Drop Box. Drive into City Hall Campus from 112th Ave NE. Continue right, around loop; drop box is on your left at the end of the drive. Enter City Hall visitors lot- Utility drop box is to the left of the entrance mounted on a concrete pole.
Online Bank Payments/Bill Payer Payments
If you pay your bill using your financial institution's online service or another online payment provider, you must select “Bellevue, City of” as the payee and enter all 16 digits from your bill into the account field, in format XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX (customer number – account number). This will ensure quick crediting of your payment. In some instances your financial institution may send us a payment by mail. In these instances a delay of five to seven days may occur in the processing of your payment.