• FAQs

    General FAQs:

    Lawyer Referral Service at 206-267-7010 or fill out their electronic form here.

    Pro Bono Services.

    Bellevue Neighborhood Mediation

    Call: 425-452-4091

    Hire private attorney

    Human Rights Commission: 360-753-6770

    King County Pro Bono: 206-267-7070 (free 30 minute consultation)

    Contact State Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Protection at 206.464.6684, or online.

    Landlord/tenant issues

    Civil Related FAQs:

    To voice concerns regarding legislation, members of the public may attend public council meetings. They are held every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month from 8 p.m. - 10 p.m., except in August and December

    Addressing the City Council

    Contact Development Services Department.

    Learn more about code violations

    Call: 425-452-4570

    The city code is available online at the City’s website

    Copies of ordinances and resolutions are available online at the City's website.

    Yes. The Civil Division of the City Attorney's Office accepts applicants for internships and externships.

    The Civil Division of the City Attorney’s Office provides legal services, advice, and representation to the City Council, City Manager, Boards and Commissions and all City departments on a variety of topics including general municipal law, land use, public records, employment law, contracts, government procedure and general litigation.

    Student interns/externs will work under supervision on varied assignments such as, conducting legal research, writing memoranda, drafting code provisions/legislation, and motions/briefs, conducting interviews, assisting with administrative hearings and meeting with clients.

    This internship/externship will provide students with an opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of the practice of law and familiarity with a broad range of municipal law topics, general property, torts, contracts and government procedure.

    • Sponsor’s Application materials: Resume, cover letter, transcript, two (2) references, and brief writing sample. Interested persons can e-mail materials to CityAttorney@Bellevuewa.gov

    • Minimum Hours: Summer ○ 17 hours/week

    • Fall/Spring ○ 11 hours/week
      Accepting Externs: ○ Summer ○ Fall ○ Spring

    • Course Prerequisites: Completed two (2) full years of law school.

    Prosecution Related FAQs:

    Call: 425-577-5656 (NORCOM)


    The City of Bellevue does not have a municipal court. Under state law, a municipality may have its own municipal court or contract with another jurisdiction for court services. The City of Bellevue has elected to contract with the King County District Court for court services.

    Yes the court clerk can set up a payment plan. You will need to contact Bellevue District Court to make arrangements. They can be reached at:

    1309 114th Ave SE
    Suite 100
    Bellevue, WA 98004
    Phone: 206-205-9200
    Fax: 425-777-9157

    Prosecutors have the discretion to negotiate cases. Such negotiations may result in a reduction. The judge also may be willing to reduce the fine. However, there is no guarantee that a case will be reduced. It depends on the facts and circumstances.

    They can be reached at:

    1309 114th Ave SE
    Suite 100
    Bellevue, WA 98004
    Phone: 206-205-9200
    Fax: 425-777-9157

    No, the City Attorney’s Office is strictly prohibited from providing legal advice.

    Only misdemeanor cases are handled by the District Court. All felonies and juvenile cases are handled by the King County Prosecutor’s Office.

    ou will need to contact the court at 206-205-9200 to make arrangements to have your warrant quashed. You may have your warrant quashed at any district court location in King County.

    Please call the number listed on the subpoena for additional information.

    If it is an emergency contact 911. Otherwise, if the crime occurred in Bellevue, you should contact the Bellevue Police Department.

    The Bellevue PD is located at:
    450 110th Ave NE,
    Bellevue, WA 98004

    You will need to contact the Department of Licensing. Their Bellevue office is located at:
    13133 Bel Red Rd,
    Bellevue, WA 98005
    Phone: 425-649-4281.

    You can also visit their website.

    Please visit the "How To..." page and select "Request Discovery for a Traffic Infraction"

    I received a camera ticket, and...

    Photos and Videos (as well as other general information and payment options) can be found online. You will need the notice and pin number found on the camera ticket.
    If your vehicle was sold, stolen or otherwise not in your care, custody or control at the time of the violation, you may submit a Declaration of Non-Responsibility to rebut the presumption, established in RCW 46.63.075, that the registered owner was driving the vehicle at the time of the violation. This Declaration states that the car was at the time sold, stolen or in the care, custody, or control of some person other than the registered owner. If the vehicle has multiple registered owners, each registered owner must sign the Declaration. A Declaration of Non-Responsibility form can be downloaded or printed here.