Visitors and participants are no longer required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or an approved negative test in order to enter indoor community facilities. Facilities are open for operation, and pre-registration is no longer required for most drop-in programs.
Beginning March 12, face coverings are no longer required when visiting indoor community facilities. Please respect people’s choices to continue to wear a mask when in our facilities.
The Bellevue Aquatic Center features two indoor pools: the Warm Springs therapy pool and the Blue Lagoon lap pool.
The Warm Springs pool is maintained at 92ºF and is used for water therapy, swim lessons and open swim. Open for individual exercise for patrons 13 years of age and older, Warm Springs has accessibility features including a wheelchair ramp, gradual entry and two lifts.
The Blue Lagoon is maintained at 82ºF, and features six 25-yard lap lanes and an attached 13-foot dive tank with a diving board and water slide. The Blue Lagoon is used for open, lap and masters swims, water aerobics, swim lessons and swim teams.
Current Pool Rules
- Please arrive in your swim attire and take a soap shower before getting into the pool.
- Please consider social distancing while at the pool in order to respect all individuals using the facility
- All patrons must wear a mask at the Warm Springs Deck.
- Diving board and slide are open during open swim time.
- We allow one spectator per group that enters the pool, with the exception of swim and dive teams.
- Children 8 years old and under must have a parent in the water at all times unless they are able to pass a swim test to swim independently.
- Children 12 and under must have parent/guardian in the building supervising them. Adult must be 18 years old or above.
Lifeguard classes available!
The Bellevue Aquatic Center is offering an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification course. Program offers certification in lifeguard training, first aid, and CPR for the professional rescuer. Gain skills required to be a lifeguard. Classes will all be blended learning style with the online content sent out one week in advance to be completed before the test portion of the class. The pre-requisite swims will be held the first hour of the first day of each class. Sign up for one of the below training sessions!
Already a certified lifeguard? Apply online today!
Lifeguard Training Classes ($75 course fee)
- March 2022
- March 25: Friday, 3:30 p.m.-9 p.m.
- March 26: Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- March 27: Sunday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- April 2022, Class 1
- April 4: Monday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- April 5: Tuesday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- April 6: Wednesday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- April 2022, Class 2
- April 11: Monday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- April 12: Tuesday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- April 13: Wednesday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- May 2022
- May 20: Friday, 3:30 p.m.-9 p.m.
- May 21: Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- May 22: Sunday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Inclement Weather Plan
Call 425-452-4444 before travelling to Bellevue Aquatic Center to ensure the facility is open.
In the event of inclement weather, the Parks & Community Services Department will make every effort to communicate the status of facilities and programs, special events and rentals. Administration will decide whether to cancel a program or close a facility based upon the safety of participants and employees and the ability to appropriately staff programs and facilities.
As a general rule, if the Bellevue School District is closed due to a weather event, Parks & Community Services Department classes and programs will be cancelled for the entire day. If the Bellevue School District is on a delayed schedule, call the facility for an updated status report. Select facilities may be open for drop-in activities at a modified level. If you are unable to reach the facility, call the Parks & Community Services Department's general information number at 425-452-6885. Inclement weather can affect park use and trail conditions. Please use caution when visiting park sites during poor weather, as trails and other park facilities may become wet and slippery. Park trails may be closed.