Last updated: April 19, 2022
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks and trails. Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. New information is noted by the word "New" and "Updated" in each category. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
Current construction impacts
- 124th Avenue NE between NE 12th Street/Bel-Red Road and NE Spring Boulevard. More information on project webpage.
- NEW -- 124th Avenue between Spring Boulevard to NE 12th Street: Lane shift and temporary signal system implementation beginning April 20 (weather dependent). Project webpage.
- UPDATED -- 124th Avenue at District Way: Intermittent lane closures through late-April 2022, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., for construction of a temporary signal at the intersection. Flaggers and police officers on site to assist with traffic control.
- Bel-Red Road at 124th Avenue NE: Westbound curb lane and sidewalk will be closed 24 hours per day for approximately 3 weeks for block wall construction. Please follow pedestrian detour from 130th Ave NE.
- 2020 AC Water Main Replacement (Phase 1): Work to replace 3,000 linear feet of water main. Roads will remain open during work but expect traffic revisions at the following locations. Work hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- SE 40th St from 136th Pl SE to 146th Ave SE through April 2022
- 140th Ave SE from SE 38th St to SE Allen Rd through April 2022
- 2020 AC Water Main Replacement (Phase 2): Work to replace a water main. Roads will remain open but expect traffic revisions at
- 169th Ave NE loop (Valley Greene neighborhood) parking areas through April 2022
- NE 2nd Pl from West Lake Sammamish Pkwy to 168th Ave NE through April 2022
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail: SE 36th Street from 132nd Avenue SE to 142nd Place SE:
- The Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail is currently closed for construction from the mid-block crossing at 13451 SE 36th St to 142nd Pl SE. Pedestrians and bicyclists detour to SE 36th St or the sidewalk on the south side of the road. Please be mindful of closure signs.
- Construction of the continuation of the Mountains to Sound Greenway Trail through Spring 2022. Expect intermittent lane closures within project area. Approved work hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Project webpage.
- Pikes Peak Reservoir Replacement – 122XX-123XX block of NE 39th Street: Expect intermittent lane closures through Sept. 2022 for construction of a new water reservoir and underground utilities. Approved work hours, Mon.-Fri., 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bridle Trails Park access and trails will be maintained during construction. Project webpage.
Pavement Preservation Program
Paving season is typically from April to October. Flaggers will be on site for traffic control and pFor more information about the paving program, including weekly updates, go to the Pavement Preservation Program webpage.
East Link Light Rail construction
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Eastgate to SR 900 - Corridor Improvements. More information on project webpage.
- NW Sammamish Road: Eastbound single lane closures with alternating traffic 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for noise wall construction.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage.
- I-405 to close between NE 4th Street and SE 8th Street: Full weekend closure to safely demolish the Main Street Bridge. Highway closure could occur in June, depending on weather and other factors.
- Main Street to close between 116th Avenue and 112th Avenue: Prior to Main Street Bridge demolition, as early as June, Main St will close for up to 5 months while crews demolish the existing bridge then build a new bridge. Expect increased congestion in the area. Signs will direct travelers to nearby detours.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 513 Montlake Bridge: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program: More information on project webpage.
- NEW -- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 and 148th Avenue NE at Overlake Village area in Redmond: More information on project webpage.
- WSDOT is relocating the eastbound SR 520 off-ramp to 148th Avenue NE and adding a new eastbound off-ramp with direct access to Overlake Village. Plan additional travel time due to some weeknight lane and ramp closures starting April 17, through early May.
- King County's Valley Creek Sewer Pipe Rehabilitation: More information on project webpage.
- King County's Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. Visit WSDOT's project webpage for more details.
- King County North Mercer Island/Enatai sewer upgrade project: More information on project webpage.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More details on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More details on project webpage.
- King County Sunset and Heathfield Pump Stations and Force Main Upgrade Project: More details on project website.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: