The Environmental Services Commission advises the City Council on water, wastewater, storm and surface water and garbage programs in the following areas: planning, budget and rates, CIP financing, contracts and policies. The Environmental Services Commission is comprised of seven persons who reside within the city or within the city's service area for either the water or sewer system.
Members of the ESC are appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of City Council for four-year terms, which expires May 31 of the last year of the term. Councilmember Conrad Lee is the council liaison to the ESC.
Member Term Expiration
|Negin Khanloo, Vice Chair||5/31/2023|
|Vanja Knezevic, Chair||5/31/2025|
Meetings of the Environmental Services Commission are held the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m. At this time, all meetings are held virtually (unless noted otherwise on the agenda page).
Meeting agendas and minutes
- Agendas and minutes are now posted on the Legistar page. Upcoming meeting agendas are published one week before the scheduled meeting.
- Archived Meeting Minutes and Agendas (prior to December 2018)
How to participate?
All interested persons are encouraged to attend the virtual ESC meetings and to provide written and/or oral comments.
To provide written comments:
- By mail: send to Environmental Services Commission, c/o Bellevue Utilities Department, PO Box 90012, Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
- By email: send to firstname.lastname@example.org, before the public hearing
- Written comments must be received by 3:30 p.m. on the day of the scheduled ESC meeting.
To provide oral comments to be read during the meeting:
- Fill out the speaker registration form located on the ESC Speaker Registration webpage. (Form link will be live one week before the scheduled meeting).
- Oral comments must be received by 5:30 p.m. on the day of the scheduled ESC meeting.
To register to speak at a Public Hearing:
- Fill out the speaker registration form located on the ESC Public Hearing Registration webpage. (Form link will be live one week before the scheduled meeting).
- Speaker registration must be received by 5:30 p.m. on the day of the scheduled ESC Public Hearing.