• FAQs

    Header Image
    1600x400 overhead.png

    Head to our Careers page to learn about job opportunities and how to apply.

    Although Bellevue Fire started out as a volunteer department, KCFD #14, today the city of Bellevue is staffed by full-time paid Firefighters.

    Information on volunteer opportunities with other departments in Washington can be explored on the Washington State Firefighters Association website.

    The sale and discharge of all fireworks are banned within the City of Bellevue. The personal use of fireworks has accounted for numerous fires and injuries (especially to children) in the past.  For fireworks disposal, please call the police department's non-emergency line 425-577-5656 and let them know of the fireworks to be disposed. The police department will respond to the location and pick up the fireworks.  Please do NOT bring fireworks to City Hall.

    Make plans to attend public fireworks displays and leave the discharge of fireworks to the professionals!




    Fireworks display




    Links to CPR instruction through the Bellevue Fire Department can be found on our EMS Division page.

    Station information and addresses can be found HERE.

    The station map shows primary response areas.

    Residents are welcome to tour any one of Bellevue's nine fire stations. We offer tours 7 days a week during business hours. Request a Station Tour or Fire Department attendance at your event through MyBellevue.

    We do not install or inspect car seats, but you can visit nhtsa.gov and enter your zip code to find out who can check the safety of your car seat.

    In order to remain available for emergencies, the Bellevue Fire Department does not typically engage in animal rescue calls that would delay response to a fire or medical call.

    Many local arborists as well as the non-profit Canopy Cat Rescue do climb trees to bring cats down safely.

    How do I get rid of...

    The Bellevue Fire Department does not accept any type of medical waste. Information on the disposal of needles and returning expired medication can be found on the King County website.

    Residents in King County can dispose of empty fire extinguishers with their regular garbage. Non-empty fire extinguishers should be taken to a household hazardous waste location for disposal. Locations include Factoria and the roving Wastemobile. For more information visit King County Hazardous Waste Management Program

    Paints, solvents, computers, televisions, fuels and some other materials are considered hazardous waste, and should never be thrown away with normal refuse. The King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program offers more information on what constitutes hazardous waste and appropriate disposal of such items

    Empty liquid petroleum gas canisters less than two pounds (such as the small Coleman camp stove canisters) may be placed in the garbage.

    Larger canisters, even when empty, need to be taken to a household hazardous waste facility.

    Many propane suppliers also offer tank exchange.

    Can I burn...

    The City of Bellevue does not restrict the storage and use of barbecue grills on decks, although your homeowners association or apartment rules may.

    The burning of yard debris, construction materials or trash is not allowed at any time.

    The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency regulates burning in the urban areas of King County. The Bellevue Fire Department works closely with PSCAA to help enforce regulations specifically concerning outdoor burning.

    Recreational Fires

    A small outdoor fire made for pleasure, warmth, cooking or for religious, ceremonial or similar purposes. Has a total fuel area of three feet or less in diameter and two feet or less in height.

    Outside of a PSCAA regulated burn ban, a small "recreational fire" is allowed, without a permit, with the following restrictions:
    1. Shall not be within 25 feet of a structure or any combustible material(s).

    2. Conditions which would cause a fire to potentially spread within 25 feet of a structure shall be eliminated prior to igniting the fire.

    Portable Outdoor Fire Place

    A portable, outdoor solid-fuel burning fireplace that may be constructed of steel, concrete, clay or other noncombustible material. A portable outdoor fireplace may be open in design, or may be equipped with a small hearth opening and a short chimney or chimney opening in the top.

    Outside of a PSCAA regulated burn ban, the use of a portable outdoor fireplace is allowed, without a permit, with the following restrictions:
    1. Use of the portable outdoor fireplace is consistent with the manufacturer's instructions.

    2. The portable outdoor fireplace must be constantly attended and supervised by a person knowledgeable in the use of extinguishing tools like shovels, garden hoses, or a fire extinguisher with a minimum 4-A rating on site and available for immediate use.

    Open Burning
    The burning of materials wherein products of combustion are emitted directly into the ambient air without passing through a stack or chimney from an enclosed chamber. Open burning does not include road flares, smudgepots or similar devices associated with safety or occupational uses. A chamber is considered enclosed when, during the time combustion occurs, only apertures, ducts, stacks, flues or chimneys necessary to provide combustion air and permit the escape of exhaust gas are open. Open burning is prohibited at all times within the city limits and other areas served by the Bellevue Fire Department.

    For more information on indoor and outdoor burning restrictions, call PSCAA at 206-343-8800.

    No. Recreational fires conforming to the above regulations do not require a fire department permit.

    Yes. Recreational fires shall be constantly attended and supervised by a person knowledgeable in the use of extinguishing tools like shovels, garden hoses, or a fire extinguisher with a minimum 4-A rating on site, and available for immediate use.

    Waste haulers offer curbside yard waste pick up for less than $10 a month. You can take it to county transfer sites and hauler drop boxes. Contact King County Solid Waste Division for more information at (206) 296-4466.

    Yes, if:

    • You are burning yard debris, construction materials or trash
    • There is a burn ban – Contact PSCAA for recreational fire burn ban information at 1.800.595.4341
    • Your fire exceeds 3’ in diameter or more than 2’ in height
    • Your fire is within 25’ of any combustible materials unless contained within a portable outdoor fireplace

    Fire Prevention

    When firefighters are called to a building because its automatic alarm system is triggered by something other than a fire, it is often a "preventable response." False alarms are increasingly frequent. To cover the added cost and time, the City of Bellevue charges fees for alarms considered preventable. The intent is to encourage maintenance and needed modification of alarm systems and discourage careless acts that result in alarm activation. This in turn should increase the availability of fire department resources for legitimate emergencies.

    The Bellevue Fire Department highly recommends every home have at least one fire extinguisher. It should be of the “ABC” type and kept in a location where it can be readily accessible.

    Information for commercial and multi-family occupancies can be found here.

    Fire Station 5


    450 110th Ave NE
    PO Box 90012
    Bellevue, WA 98009
    Fax Number
    Social Media