This project will redevelop 130th Avenue Northeast, from Bel-Red Road to Northeast 20th Street. It's one of several transportation investments in the BelRed areas that will improve mobility for cars, transit, freight, pedestrians and bicycles. The project will be designed in coordination with Sound Transit’s East Link light rail alignment, which will cross 130th Avenue along Spring Boulevard; it will include the BelRed-130th Station. View aerial footage of the 130th Avenue Corridor (May 2020).Click to enlarge image
The project will facilitate travel between the new Bel-Red transit-oriented-development nodes and the wider region. It will support the redevelopment and vision for the BelRed area. Features will include two vehicle travel lanes, protected bike lanes, sidewalks and landscaping. The segment north of the future intersection with Northeast Spring Boulevard will have a pedestrian-oriented, retail-focused design with on-street parking. Other improvements will include turn lanes, mid-block crossings, intersection upgrades and better lighting.
- 2022-2023: Project construction
- 2019-2021: Complete design work; property acquisition
- 2017-2018: Work on project design, bringing it to the 60 percent level of completion
The total project budget of $23 million will be partially funded by a federal Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act loan (TIFIA). Approved 2021-2027 Capital Investment Program Budget Sheet.
- Roadway cross-section view alternatives (May 22, 2018, open house)
- Roadway enlarged block view (May 22, 2018, open house)
- Street view rendering (May 22, 2018, open house)