The Environmental Services Commission advises the City Council on water, wastewater, storm and surface water and garbage programs in the following areas: planning, budget and rates, CIP financing, contracts and policies. The Environmental Services Commission is comprised of seven persons who reside within the city or within the city's service area for either the water or sewer system.
Members of the ESC are appointed by the mayor with the concurrence of City Council for four-year terms, which expires May 31 of the last year of the term. Councilmember Conrad Lee is the council liaison to the ESC.
Member Term Expiration
|Negin Khanloo, Vice Chair||5/31/2023|
|Vanja Knezevic, Chair||5/31/2025|
Meetings of the Environmental Services Commission are held the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m. Regular meetings are conducted in a hybrid manner with both in-person and virtual options.
Meeting agendas and minutes
- Agendas and minutes are posted on the Legistar page. Upcoming meeting agendas are published two days before a regular meeting and 24 hours in advance of special meetings.
- Archived Meeting Minutes and Agendas (prior to December 2018)
How to participate?
All interested persons are encouraged to attend the ESC meetings and to provide written and/or oral comments.
To provide written comments:
- By mail: send to Environmental Services Commission, c/o Bellevue Utilities Department, PO Box 90012, Bellevue, WA 98009-9012
- By email: send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Written comments must be received by 3:30 p.m. on the day of the scheduled ESC meeting.
To provide oral comments during the meeting:
- The webform to sign-up to speak during Oral Communications will be available at 5:30 p.m. on the day of the ESC meeting. To be added to the speaker list for oral communications, you may sign-in using the QR code posted outside the meeting room or online using this link: ESC Speaker Registration webpage.
To register to speak at a Public Hearing:
- The webform to sign-up to speak during Public Hearings will be available at 5:30 p.m. on the day of the ESC meeting. To be added to the speaker list for the Public Hearing, you may sign-in using the QR code posted outside the meeting room or online using this link: ESC Public Hearing Registration webpage.
(Form link will be live at 5:30 p.m. on the day of the scheduled meeting/hearing, but not before. The registrations will close at 6:30 p.m.)