Last updated: April 27
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks and trails (note: excludes individual lane closures or lane and sidewalk closures associated with development projects). Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. New information is noted by the word "New" and "Updated" in each category. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
Special event: All in for Autism 5k and 10k Walk/Run
The 'All in for Autism' 5k and 10k Walk/Run event returns to downtown the morning of Sunday, April 30, starting at 8 a.m. Several streets that are part of the race course will be partially or fully closed to vehicles (except where otherwise noted) between 5 a.m.-12 p.m.; police will control traffic at downtown intersections.
Where: Both the 5-kilometer and 10-kilometer courses start and end at Northeast Second Street, near Downtown Park, 10201 Northeast Fourth Street.
Race course: The 5K course runs east on Northeast Second Street, south on 112th Avenue Southeast, north on Bellevue Way Southeast, then east back on Northeast Second to the finish. The 10K course goes east along Northeast Second Street, south on 114th Avenue Southeast, continue south on Lake Washington Boulevard Southeast/118th Avenue Southeast, west on the Interstate 90 trails, north on 108th Avenue Southeast and Bellevue Way Southeast, then west on Northeast Second Street to the finish.
Street closures include: Several streets that are part of the race course will be partially or fully closed to vehicles 5 a.m.-12 p.m. (except where otherwise noted below); police will control traffic at downtown intersections.
- NE First/Second sts eastbound will close between 102nd Ave NE and Bellevue Way SE; westbound NE First/Second sts will close between Bellevue Way and 100th Ave NE;
- NE Second St eastbound between Bellevue Way and 114th Ave NE, 5:30-10 a.m.
- Southbound 112th Ave SE curb lane will close between NE Second and SE Eighth sts; 114th Ave NE southbound will close between NE Second and SE Eighth sts, 7-10:30 a.m.
- 112th Ave SE southbound will close between SE Eighth St and Bellevue Way SE, 6:30-11 a.m.
- 118th Ave SE southbound will close between SE Eighth St and I-90 Trail, 7-10:30 a.m.
- Southbound 108th Ave SE will close between Bellevue Way SE and SE 34th St, 7-10:30 a.m.
- Southbound Bellevue Way will close between 112th Ave SE and SE 16th St; 6:30-11 a.m.
- Southbound Bellevue Way curb lane only will close between NE Second and SE 16th sts; 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Current construction impacts
- 140th Avenue SE at SE 10th Street: Southbound intermittent lane closures and three-way flagging April 28, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. for construction.
- NE 10th Street between 100th and 102nd avenues NE: Eastbound lane closures May 1, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. for Puget Sound Energy-related road work.
- NEW -- 124th Avenue NE between NE Spring Boulevard and Northup Way: Overnight full road closure May 1, 8 p.m.-5 a.m. for the Lake Hills pipe rehabilitation project. Pedestrian access will be supported by flaggers around the work zone. Bicyclists will follow pedestrian or vehicular detour routes.
- NEW -- Main Street between 112th and 116th avenues NE: Overnight full road closure May 4, 7 p.m.-6 a.m. for grinding and paving. Pedestrian access maintained. Bicyclists will follow pedestrian path or vehicular detour.
- NEW -- 108th Avenue NE between NE 6th and 8th streets: Full road closure May 6-7, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. for construction. Pedestrian access will be maintained on the west side of 108th Avenue NE. Bicyclists will follow pedestrian or vehicular detour routes.
Ongoing construction impacts
- UPDATED -- 124th Avenue NE - NE 12th Street to NE Spring Boulevard: Lane closures for landscaping, channelization, signal work and railing installation continue through May. Delays are expected. More information on project webpage.
- 124th Avenue NE between Ichigo and Northup Way: Intermittent lane closures through May, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. for roadway widening, culvert/fish passage installation, retaining wall construction and utility installations. More information on project webpage.
- Beginning May 1, crews will work on 120th and 127th Avenues NE to conduct roadway pavement improvements and install temporary traffic signals. Crews will maintain access to vehicle traffic on 120th and 127th Avenues NE by working on one side of the street at a time. Flaggers will be present to direct vehicles through the work zone.
- 98th Avenue SE and SE 11th Street Slope Stabilization Project: Project will take place through spring. More information on project webpage.
- Full road closure of 98th Avenue SE (97th Place SE) between SE 11th and 15th streets now through May, 24 hours per day, to build a new retaining wall, and install a new water main line and pedestrian barrier. There will be no access for people walking, rolling or driving, but access to residences on SE 11th Street and Chism Beach Park will be maintained. Please follow detour signs.
- Intermittent closures with flaggers late May/early June, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., to install landscaping and irrigation lines and prepare for restoration and paving.
- Pikes Peak Reservoir Replacement – 122XX-123XX block of NE 39th Street:
- Intermittent lane closures May 1-2, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
- Intermittent lane closures through May, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. for construction of a new water reservoir and underground utilities. Bridle Trails Park access and trails will be maintained during construction. More information on project webpage.
- Newport Sewer Basin Capacity Improvements – Cascade Key from Newport Key to end of the cul-de-sac: Intermittent lane closures with flagging, Jan. 30-May 31, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m., to install a new sewer force main.
- NEW -- Valley Creek at NE 21st Street Culvert Replacement Project – NE 21st Street east of 140th Avenue NE: Alternating single lane closures June 1-Oct. 30, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Pavement Preservation Program
Paving season is typically from April to October. Flaggers will be onsite for traffic control and pedestrian access maintained unless otherwise indicated. More information about the paving program, including weekly updates on the program webpage.
Work is weather dependent. Delays are expected. Please slow down for the safety of workers and all travelers.
- UPDATED -- 140th Avenue SE between NE 8th and SE 8th streets: Ongoing single lane closures, Monday-Thursday, 8:30a.m.-3:30 p.m. for ADA curb ramp upgrades.
- NEW -- NE 8th Street between 168th Place NE and Northup Way: Single lane closures April 24-28, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
- NEW -- Northup Way between NE 8th Street and West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE: Single lane closures April 24-28, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
- UPDATED -- Pikes Peak between NE 36th and 39th streets: Single lane closures May 1-2, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
- NEW -- 100th Avenue NE between NE 4th and 13th streets: Single lane closures May 3-5, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. for paving.
East Link Light Rail construction
Visit Sound Transit's East Link webpage to subscribe to receive construction updates.
- Westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp from Bellevue Way SE: Sound Transit will conduct intermittent closures of the westbound I-90 HOV on-ramp from Bellevue Way SE to I-90, Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-3 p.m. as needed for landscape maintenance. The expected closure durations are no more than two hours.
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 148th Avenue NE interchange - Overlake Access Ramp: More information on the project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-405 Burlington Northern Bridge to Pedestrian Trail Bridge & I-90/East Fork Issaquah Creek Seismic: More information on project webpage.
- NEW -- 115th Avenue NE between 116th Avenue NE and the Bellevue Service Center: Beginning May 8, for the next few months this summer WSDOT will close 115th Avenue NE to through traffic. Pedestrian and bicycle access will not be available. Bicyclists may follow vehicular detour or use the regional trail system. Delays are expected.
- Northup Way between 116th Avenue NE and NE 33rd Place: WSDOT crews will close a single lane beginning April 5 for several months from 7 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday. The bicycle lane and sidewalk under I-405 will also be closed during working hours. Signs and flaggers will guide travelers and pedestrians through the work zone. Cyclists will merge with traffic when the bike lane is closed. Daytime lane closures are part of a project to bolster overpasses along I-405 to help them withstand an earthquake.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Eastgate to SR 900 - Corridor Improvements: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Sunset Creek - Fish Passage: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program: More information on project webpage.
- King County Eastrail: Washington State Department of Transportation, in partnership with King County Parks, is overseeing the construction of 2.5 miles of new paved Eastrail in Renton and Bellevue. More information on WSDOT's project webpage.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More information on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More information on project webpage.
- King County Lake Hills sewer relining: The interactive map depicts active construction updates on the streets between 120th Avenue NE and NE Spring Boulevard where temporary pipes, road and sidewalk closures, equipment staging and other construction activities will occur for up to seven months. More information on project webpage.
- King County North Mercer Island/Enatai Sewer Upgrade Project: Crews will locate utilities in north Mercer Island and southwest Bellevue to prepare for major construction activities from spring 2022 and extend until 2025. Sign up for Enatai project area email and text updates from King County on project webpage.
- Sweyolocken Boat Launch: Road closed from Bellevue Wy SE to the Sweyolocken Boat Launch. The area south of the Sweyolocken Pump Station will be closed as well. The I-90 Trail will be closed to the east and southwest of the pump station during construction. Detours for trail traffic will be alongside streets near the South Bellevue Park and Ride to the I-90 Bike Trail near 108th Avenue SE.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: