Last updated: Nov. 30
The following traffic advisories reflect current conditions as they are known. The listings below reflect construction work that can affect travel on city streets, sidewalks and trails (note: excludes individual lane closures or lane and sidewalk closures associated with development projects). Expect traffic delays or use an alternate route, if possible. Please obey construction signs and flaggers. Construction schedules are subject to change and often do.
This page is typically updated each Thursday. New information is noted by the word "New" and "Updated" in each category. To receive updates via text or email, select the "subscribe" button.
Click on the different-colored shapes in the map above for more information. Move or enlarge the map using your cursor.
Bellevue’s holiday events season makes its return with nightly performances at the popular Snowflake Lane Nov. 25-Dec. 24. The nightly parade starts at 7 p.m. and requires the following street closures 6-7:45 p.m.:
- Bellevue Way NE from NE 4th to 8th Streets
- NE 6th Street from 105th Avenue NE to Bellevue Way NE
During the closures on Bellevue Way, visitors to the Bellevue Arts Museum may park in the underground parking at both Lincoln Square North (Westin Hotel) and Lincoln Square South (W Hotel). Both garages are accessible from 105th Avenue NE.
Please walk, roll, drive and take transit safely this holiday season. Allow extra time to get to your destination, and always keep the weather conditions in mind. Watch for people in crosswalks and driveways, especially downtown and near construction zones.
Also, consider using other modes of transportation when heading downtown. Information about transportation options is available at ChooseYourWayBellevue.org.
Current construction impacts
- NEW — NB 106th Avenue NE from NE 2nd Street to NE 4th Street: Northbound and center lane closure Dec. 6, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- NEW — 108th Avenue NE from NE 6th Street to NE 8th Street: Full closure Dec. 2 4:30 a.m.-Dec. 3, 7 p.m. Closure is weather dependent and may be moved to Dec. 4. Closure required to erect a tower crane.
- Lakemont Boulevard SE from Forest Drive SE to 155th Avenue SE: Full road closure 24 hours a day, seven days a week for approximately eight months starting Oct. 24. Signed detour via Forest Drive SE to Coal Creek Parkway SE, connecting to Newcastle Golf Club Road via Newcastle Way. Closure is necessary for emergency construction of a bridge to stabilize the roadway. Visit BellevueWA.gov/lakemont-culvert for more information.
Ongoing construction impacts
- 124th Avenue NE from NE 12th Street to NE Spring Boulevard: Intermittent lane closures for railing installation and landscaping continue through January. More information on project webpage.
- 98th Avenue SE and SE 11th Street Slope Stabilization Project: Project will take place through the fall. More information on project webpage.
- Itermittent closures with flaggers November through December, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., to complete the barrier, install railing, install landscaping and irrigation lines. Please slow down through the work zone and mind the stop sign at SE 11th Street.
- 124th Avenue NE from Ichigo Way to Northup Way: Beginning June 1, 124th Avenue NE between Ichigo Way and Northup Way will be closed to through traffic for approximately nine months to raise the roadway and replace the existing culvert. Work hours are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. For people walking, rolling and driving, access will be maintained via a detour on 120th Avenue NE, Northup Way and 127th Avenue NE (refer to the detour map). More information is available on the project webpage.
East Link Light Rail construction
- Pre-revenue testing began Nov. 1 on the 2 Line in Bellevue. People walking, rolling and driving should be aware that trains may be moving along the tracks at any time, day or night.
Other agency projects
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 Bridge Replacement and HOV Program: More information on project webpage.
- NEW — SR 520 from 92nd Avenue NE to I-5 in Seattle: Full closure of the SR 520 bridge over Lake Washington, including the SR 520 trail, Friday, Dec. 1 at 11 p.m.-Monday, Dec. 4 at 5 a.m.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: SR 520 148th Avenue NE interchange - Overlake Access Ramp: More information on the project webpage.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-405 Burlington Northern Bridge to Pedestrian Trail Bridge & I-90/East Fork Issaquah Creek Seismic: More information on project webpage
- Northup Way from 116th Avenue NE to NE 33rd Place: Northup Way is reduced to one lane between 116th Avenue NE and NE 33rd Place. The long-term closure will be in effect daily from 7 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday. Flaggers will alternate traffic through the work zone.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: I-90 - Sunset Creek - Fish Passage: More information on project webpage.
- SE 36th Street from 132nd Avenue SE to 136th Avenue SE: One-lane alternating traffic starting Nov. 28 for up to 18 months while WSDOT constructs a bridge over Sunset Creek. Temporary signals will be in place for traffic control.
- A long-term closure of the Mountains to Sound Greenway trail is in effect through spring 2024 to create a work zone between 132nd Avenue SE and an area just east of the Sunset Ravine Trail. A signed detour will guide people rolling and walking around the work zone using the sidewalk on the south side of SE 36th Street.
- Washington State Department of Transportation: Renton to Bellevue I-405 Widening and Express Toll Lane Project: More information on project webpage.
- King County Eastrail: More information on project webpage.
- King County Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Project: King County Wastewater Treatment Division is upgrading its regional sewer line that serves Bellevue and Newcastle. More information on project website.
- King County Lake Hills and NW Lake Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project: More information on project webpage.
- King County Lake Hills Sewer Relining Project: The interactive map depicts active construction activities that will occur for up to seven months. More information on project webpage.
- King County North Mercer Island/Enatai Sewer Upgrade Project: Crews will locate utilities in north Mercer Island and southwest Bellevue to prepare for major construction activities from spring 2022 and extend until 2025. Sign up for Enatai project area email and text updates from King County on project webpage.
- Sweyolocken Boat Launch: Road closed from Bellevue Way SE to the Sweyolocken Boat Launch. The area south of the Sweyolocken Pump Station will be closed as well. The I-90 Trail will be closed to the east and southwest of the pump station during construction. Detours for trail traffic will be alongside streets near the South Bellevue Park and Ride to the I-90 Bike Trail near 108th Avenue SE.
Highway traffic information
Three major highways run through Bellevue. At any given time the state Department of Transportation may be working on projects that can affect traffic in Bellevue. For the most up-to-date information on construction activity, visit WSDOT's web pages: