The Property and Evidence Unit provides a safe and secure environment for storing evidence, items for safekeeping, and found property.
You may retrieve property from Property and Evidence by appointment. Please contact the property team with as much information available as you have. It is helpful to locate an associated case number if known. The Bellevue Police Department also often recovers stolen property that may be returned to the rightful owner. Individuals who wish to recover a stolen item may do so by scheduling an appointment.
Retrieving Items from the Property and Evidence Unit
- You may reclaim lost and found items, or items used in an investigation from the Evidence Unit.
- If your item(s) were part of an investigation, they must first be cleared for release by the investigating officer or detective.
- You have 60 days to pick up your items once they are released or they will be forfeited.
How to Retrieve Lost/Found/Stolen Property
Call Us Ahead of Time
Before You Call:
- You will need your case number. This number will always begin with the year the incident occurred (21-12345)
- If you do not have your case number or officer name, call the Records Unit at (425) 452-6917 so they may help you locate it.
Picking Up Your Items
1. Please bring the following:
- Valid, government-issued personal photo identification
- Your case number
- Any additional paperwork that was given to you (notification card, letter, etc.)